The Armored Group (TAG), a worldwide provider of armored and highly specialized vehicles, announced they are celebrating their 25th anniversary this month. Starting as a cash-in-transit (CIT) business in 1992, the company has expanded to include armored vehicles used by law enforcement, SWAT, police, tactical and individuals needing the highest level of personal protection. Today, the company is one of the largest full-line commercial armored vehicles suppliers with manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada, Dubai, India and now in Germany with their recent acquisition of JPA Armoring & Fahrzeugbau Stadthagen GmBH.
Below is a timeline of milestones leading TAG’s growth over the last 25 years:
- 1992: The Armored Group is founded by Robert Pazderka; the company’s first order for armored Cash in Transit (CIT) vehicles is from Illinois Armor, now a Garda Company
- 1993: TAG is contracted as the exclusive builder of armored CIT vehicles for industry leaders like (Garda), Loomis, Dunbar and Brinks
- 2004: TAG begins production of armored SUV’s and Sedans for the US Government
- 2005: TAG designs and manufactures its first APC, the Ballistic Armored Tactical Transport (BATT), an armored personnel carrier 2006: TAG is awarded a 20-Year Long-Term Agreement (LTA) contract for armored vehicles to the US Federal and State Governments2006: TAG begins production of non-armored vehicles with Rapid Deployment and Mobile Command Vehicles
- 2008: TAG expands its global footprint with a new manufacturing plant in Toronto, Canada
- 2008: TAG is awarded its first LTA with the United Nations
- 2009: TAG expands its global footprint with a new manufacturing plant in the United Arab Emirates
- 2010: TAG expands its global footprint with a new manufacturing plant in Detroit, Michigan
- 2010: TAG is awarded a second 20-Year LTA contract for custom tactical vehicles to the US Federal and State Governments 2011: TAG’s LTA with the UN was renewed
- 2012: TAG’s VR7 armor solution is tested and certified by Beschassamt in Ulm, Germany
- 2013: TAG is awarded a second LTA with other United Nation offices
- 2014: TAG extends its LTA with the United Nations
- 2015: TAG’s awarded a third LTA with the United Nations 2016: TAG is awarded contract from SPAWAR for Custom Mobile Communications Vehicles (MCV’s) for top US Government officials
- 2016: TAG is selected for a 10-year blanket purchase agreement for armored vehicles to the U.S. Department of State
- 2017 TAG acquires German-based JPA Armoring & Fahrzeugbau Stadthagen GmBH, and opens new manufacturing plant expanding their presence in European Market
2017: TAG obtains VR9 certification from Beschassamt in Ulm, Germany, for the Nissan Patrol platform
“Over the last 25 years, we have seen The Armored Group grow from a company in a niche market, cash-in-transit vehicles, to a leading manufacturer of armored and non-armored vehicles around the world,” said Robert Pazderka, founder and president of The Armored Group. In the last five years especially, TAG has experienced impressive growth. We have a talented management, manufacturing and sales team in place that design, manufacture and deliver state-of-the-art vehicles based on clients operational needs.
Today, The Armored Group, LLC has grown to become one of the largest full-line commercial armored truck suppliers in the country, and continues to set the standard for customization, reliability and protection.
For more information, please visit www.armoredcars.com.
Media inquiries or to request additional information, contact Mary Garrett at 602-432-2010.
About The Armored Group:
The Armored Group (TAG) has over 25 years of experience engineering, designing and manufacturing armored and non-armored vehicles for use by government military agencies, law enforcement, private businesses, and individual citizens needing a high level of personal protection around the world. TAG engineers, designs, manufactures and modifies vehicles for any terrain and any environment.
TAG provides the highest quality armored vehicles available and sets the standard for customization, reliability, and protection. To ensure that all TAG vehicles meet the highest standards of safety, they undergo extreme ballistics testing and have received VPAM-BVR 2009/VR7 and VR9 Ballistic and /ERV 2010 Blast Certification with up to 18,5Kg TNT for their Toyota Land Cruiser and Toyota Hilux, Toyota 70 Series, Nissan Patrol and Lexus LS460 armoring solutions.
All TAG facilities are ISO 9001 certified and managed by fully qualified and experienced professionals who serve customers around the world.
TAG is a full-line manufacturer of armored and specialty vehicles and has provided customized engineering, design and manufacturing solutions to the highest-level clients in the world. Some of them include: U.S. Navy – SPAWAR, DOS, DOD, USSOCCENT, USSOCOM, U.S. Army and Air Force, United Nations, NGOs, KBR, Lockheed Martin, DynCorp, Loomis, Brinks and many foreign governments and agencies.
For more information, please visit these company websites: https://www.armoredcars.com and http://www.swat-vehicles.com or call: 1 888-997-5607 or 602 840 2271.